The FMCA membership recently approved new wording for the FMCA Constitution and the Articles of Incorporation. The votes were tallied by FMCA’s accounting firm on November 30, 2017, and the resulting changes became effective immediately. The following paragraphs in the Constitution were affected by the changes:
Article I, 3
3. Mission and Purpose:
- A. The Mission of FMCA is to bring together recreation vehicle owners who share similar interests in congenial traveling, recreational, and social activities in order to preserve and perpetuate the traditional ideals and spirit of friendly and wholesome family fellowship as manifested by the founders of FMCA.
- B. The Purpose of FMCA is:
- i. Promote good fellowship and cooperation among all FMCA members, represent recreation vehicle owners as a group and promote their best interests, foster the improvement of recreation vehicles and recreational facilities, promote effective communication for the common good of members, assist in the formation of Chapters, and strive for a high standard of conduct resulting in a favorable public image of FMCA and its members;
Article II, 4, A, iii
4. Rights of Members of FMCA:
- iii. All individuals owning at least a 1/3 interest in a recreation vehicle have the right to cast one (1) vote per member number in Constitutional matters.
Prior to the vote of the membership, the FMCA Governing Board in Indianapolis, Indiana, voted on equivalent changes to the FMCA National Bylaws as a proviso to the passing of the Constitution and Articles of Incorporation changes by the membership. These Bylaws changes became effective immediately following the vote tally. The full FMCA Constitution and National Bylaws are available online at FMCA.com.