- The Space Shuttle Endeavour, now at the California Science Center.
- Original art by Van Gogh, Monet, Rembrandt, and others at the Getty Center (which has free admission), plus art at several other major galleries, such as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Narrated tours of the city on double-decker buses, which you can get off and back on at your leisure.
- Live tapings of TV sitcoms, game shows, talk shows, and more.
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame, TCT (formerly Grauman’s) Chinese Theatre, and the Dolby Theatre (where the Oscars are presented), plus the famous “Hollywood” sign.
- People-watching at the Venice Beach Boardwalk and the Santa Monica Pier.
- Shops on Rodeo Drive.
“You Oughtta Be In Pictures”
- At www.tvtickets.com, you can check several shows’ schedules in advance. This website handles tickets for “America’s Funniest Videos,” “The Big Bang Theory,” “Mike & Molly,” “Hot In Cleveland,” “2 Broke Girls,” and many more.
- At www.on-camera-audiences.com, you will find tickets to see “Let’s Make A Deal,” “The Price Is Right,” “American Idol,” and “Dancing with the Stars,” among other shows.
Get Behind The Scenes
- Universal Studios Hollywood is the biggest “studio tour” in town. This legendary theme park gives visitors an understanding of how special effects are done, plus offers shopping, dining, cinemas, rides, and attractions. A variety of experiences can be purchased, including VIP and front-of-line passes. Visit www.universalstudioshollywood.com or call (800) 864-8377.
- Paramount Pictures Studio. This is a highly rated tour of the only remaining major studio still operating in Hollywood. Two-hour group tours of the working studio cost $53 per person. A VIP tour that includes special access, a souvenir photo, and a lunch or afternoon snack (depending on when you tour) is $178 per person. Visit www.paramountstudiotour.com or call (323) 956-1777 for details.
- Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City offers a two-hour walking tour for $40; this is where movies such as The Wizard of Oz, Men in Black, and Spiderman originated, plus, it’s home to tapings of popular game shows “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy!” Visit www.sonypicturesstudios.com or call (310) 244-8687.
- Warner Bros. Studios offers a two-hour VIP tour of working movie and television studios, including costumes, sound stages, and a memorabilia museum, all for $54. The studios are in Burbank. Visit vipstudiotour.warnerbros.com or call (877) 492-8687 for details.